Many organizations have multiple systems in "silos" that are not integrated. We strongly advocate the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) because it is integrated and connects all processes.
A healthy, focused leadership team and organization that makes continual progress towards achieving everything in their vision.
The EOS Model™
The EOS Model™ provides a visual illustration of the Six Key Components™ of any business that must be managed and strengthened to be a great business. This model applies to big and small businesses alike, in any industry.
The Six Key Components of Any Business
- Vision. Strengthening this component means getting everyone in the organization 100 percent on the same page with where you’re going and how you’re going to get there.
- People. Simply put, we can’t do it without great people. This means surrounding yourself with great people, top to bottom, because you can’t achieve a great vision without a great team.
- Data. This means cutting through all the feelings, personalities, opinions and egos and boiling your organization down to a handful of objective numbers that give you an absolute pulse on where things are.
With the Vision, People, and Data Components strong, you start to create a lucid, transparent, open and honest organization where everything becomes more visible and you start to “smoke out all the issues,” which leads to...
- Issues. Strengthening this component means becoming great at solving problems throughout the organization – setting them up, knocking them down and making them go away forever.
- Process. This is the secret ingredient in your organization. This means “systemizing” your business by identifying and documenting the core processes that define the way to run your business. You'll need to get everyone on the same page with what the essential procedural steps are, and then get everyone to follow them to create consistency and scalability in your organization.
- Traction®. This means bringing discipline and accountability into the organization – becoming great at execution – taking the vision down to the ground and making it real.
The EOS Process™
The EOS Process™ provides a proven way to put all the pieces together, incorporating each of the EOS Tools in the right order to best strengthen each key component of your business.
The 90 Minute Meeting. Led by a Certified or Professional Implementer, the 90 Minute Meeting introduces your leadership team to EOS®, getting everyone on the same page to decide if you want to use the system and tools to strengthen your company.
Getting Focused and Clarifying Vision
The Focus Day™. A day to give your leadership team tools to clarify who’s responsible for what, set priorities, improve communication, resolve issues and track critical numbers.
Your leadership team then uses their new tools for the next 30 days to experience real improvement.
Vision Building™ Day 1. Another day with your leadership team that starts by reviewing and sharpening the Focus Day tools. You will then begin to use the Vision/Traction Organizer™ (V/TO) tool to clarify your vision, starting with who you are, why you exist, what you do and where you are going. You will also get a great tool for reviewing your people.
Your team again uses the tools for the next 30 days to experience more improvement. This is a spaced-learning approach which has proven to be most effective for quickly gaining proficiency with the tools.
Vision Building Day 2. Another day with the leadership team to master the Focus Day tools and continue using the V/TO tool to complete your vision, clarify your Marketing Strategy, 3-Year Picture™, 1-Year Plan and priorities for the next 90 days.
With your leaders now focused and all on the same page, you’ll use the tools for the next 90 days to execute your plan and experience more improvement.
Achieving TractionAchieving Traction
Quarterly Sessions. A day with your leadership team every 90 days to evaluate their performance, refocus, set priorities for the next 90 days and resolve any issues that might impede progress.
Your team experiences measurable growth and improvement every 90 days – Traction®.
Annual Sessions. Two days with your leadership team each year to work on team health and update the vision and plan for the next year and next quarter.